Roller Shades, and the wide selection of materials that they are made from, have been tested and reviewed by the Department of Energy, the Environmental Protection Agency and independent laboratories and the certified results are that they provide tremendous benefits. Roller Shades are made from a huge pallet of materials that offer high-fashion and excellent solar control properties. They operate easily and can cover large glass areas with very little space required to conceal the shades when they are rolled up. Roller Shades can also be installed outside of a building to control light, heat and insects. This is not only the fastest growing window product category, it is the most versatile.
- Control Options: Roller Shades can be controlled by a chain & clutch system, tension system with no chain and are often motorized.
- Specialty Applications: Roller Shades can be tension mounted to operate horizontally at skylights and installed within channels or cable guided for outdoor windy conditions. They can also be designed within a channel system to provide black-out conditions for theater rooms and bedrooms.
- Designer Features: Roller Shades come in a variety of textures and colors and the different materials provide many levels of opacity and solar control Designer valances and cassettes are available and Roller Shades can be installed beneath drapery and other soft treatments.
- Motorized Operation: Roller Shades are often motorized and operated via remote control or integrated into building automation systems.
- Energy Consumption & Comfort: There are many architectural materials that have been tested and confirmed to produce excellent solar reflecting properties as well as thermal control.
- Light Control: There are many architectural materials that have been tested and confirmed to produce excellent solar reflecting properties as well as thermal control.