Vertical Blinds are manufactured with a series of 3 1/2” wide vertical louvers that traverse along a headrail and are typically controlled by a wand or cords that traverse and rotate the louvers. They offer one of the most economical ways to cover large areas of glass and can often be found in commercial applications as well as in residential buildings. The louvers can be rotated at different angles to control light and privacy; and because the louvers are traversed rather than raised, these Blinds work very well on sliding glass doors because the blinds mimic the movement of the door.
- Control Options: These Blinds can be operated by Cord & Chain that traverses and rotates the louvers or a Wand Control that does both functions.
- Specialty Shapes: Vertical Blinds can be manufactured Arched with Angle Tops and can also be manufactured in the shape of a horizontal radius.
- Designer Features: The louvers are offered in a variety of textures and colors in both vinyl and fabric; and the different materials provide variable levels of opacity. Designer valances are available and Blinds can be “dressed up” by installing them under decorative cornices.
- Motorized Operation: Blinds can be motorized and operated via remote control or integrated into building automation systems.
- Energy Consumption & Comfort: The ambient side of most vinyl verticals are light in color Light and do an excellent job in reflecting solar heat and controlling hot spots in a building.
- Light Control: Vertical louvered products do an excellent job in directing light from one side of a room to the other and can be completely closed for room darkening.